These space jokes and puns really are out of this world!
Humans have been fascinated with space since the earliest days of civilization and we retain that fascination to this day. Here is a look at the funny side of space and space travel. Enjoy this huge collection of space jokes and humor!
Alien Jokes & Puns
1. What do you get when you cross a chicken with a Martian?
2. In space, two aliens are talking to each other.
The first alien says, “The dominant life forms on the Earth planet have developed satellite-based nuclear weapons.”
The second alien asks, “Are they an emerging intelligence?”
The first alien says, “I don’t think so, they have them aimed at themselves.”
3. Why did the alien throw beef on the asteroid?
He wanted it a little meteor.
4. What do you call an alien with three eyes?
5. What come from another world and are really slow?
6. What should you do if you see a green alien?
Wait until it’s ripe.
7. Two aliens are talking about a desolate planet Earth.
The first alien asks, “How did all the humans die?”
The second alien says, “They used so much toilet paper they wiped themselves out.”
8. Where do Martians drink beer?
At a Mars Bar.
9. What do you call an alien civil rights activist?
Martian Luther King Jr.
10. Does anyone have any good jokes about aliens?
There must be some out there somewhere.
11. An alien walks into a bar.
It’s a spacebar.
12. What is E.T. short for?
Because he has little legs.
13. What do you call an alien with a missing eye?
14. Yesterday I saw aliens for the first time.
They were tall and had blue skin with giant eyes.
But what struck me the most is that they came in a round, green spaceship.
It turns out they really do come in peas.
15. If crop circles are real, does this mean that aliens have designs for our planet?
Astronaut Jokes & Puns
1. How do you put a baby astronaut to sleep?
2. Why are astronauts always so calm?
There’s no pressure in space.
3. First astronaut: “Hey, I can’t find any milk for my coffee.”
Second astronaut: “In space, no one can. Here, use cream.”
4. Where does an astronaut park their spaceship?
In a parking meteor.
5. Did you hear about the astronaut who broke the law of gravity?
She got a suspended sentence.
6. How many astronauts does it take to change a light bulb?
None, astronauts aren’t scared of the dark.
7. An astronaut stepped in gum on the moon.
He’s stuck in orbit.
8. Why did the astronaut refuse to come back to earth to see his girlfriend?
He said he needed some space.
9. How do astronauts know when their next departure is?
10. If athletes get athlete’s foot then what do astronauts get?
11. When I was growing up, my dad always used to tell me, “The sky’s the limit!”
He was never supportive of my dreams of becoming an astronaut.
12. How do astronauts say sorry?
13. How do astronauts keep outer space clean?
With a vacuum cleaner, of course.
14. What is space like with a hole in your space suit
15. How can you tell if an astronaut is gay?
You can’t. There’s no orientation in space.
16. Did you hear about the claustrophobic astronaut?
He just needed a little space.
17. Overcome with the beauty of the Earth from space, the astronaut removed his helmet.
The view was breathtaking.
18. What’s a specimen?
An Italian astronaut.
19. What did the astronauts conclude after they found bones on the moon?
The cow didn’t make it.
20. What kind of cell phone reception do astronauts get on the moon?
21. What’s an astronaut’s favorite chocolate bar?
A Mars Bar.
22. What happened to the astronaut who stepped on chewing gum?
He got stuck in Orbit.
23. What do you call a crazy spaceman?
24. How do spacemen pass the time on long space journeys?
They play astronauts and crosses.
25. Shoot for the moon, if you miss you’ll land among the stars is a good quote.
Unless you’re an astronaut.
26. How do astronauts keep warm?
They wear apollo-neck sweaters.
27. Did you hear about the astronaut who was sent the wrong way?
He wasn’t exactly over the moon.
Moon Jokes & Puns
1. Canada’s starting a space program to send a spaceship to the moon.
They’re calling the spaceship Apollo-G.
2. Vladimir Putin has boasted that Russia is planning to build a base on the moon.
The idea is that astronauts will live there permanently.
When they were asked if they really wanted to spend the rest of their lives in a barren, lifeless, empty landscape, the Russians said…
“No. That’s why we want to go to the moon.”
3. How does the man in the moon cut his hair?
4. Why are parties always so bad on the moon?
Because there’s no atmosphere.
5. What do you call a tick on the moon?
A lunar tick.
6. What do moon people do after they get married?
They go on their honeyearth.
7. Why does moon rock taste better than Earth rock?
Because it’s a little meteor.
8. How do you know when the moon is going broke?
When it’s down to its last quarter.
9. Hi, I’m Buzz Aldrin. Second person to step on the moon.
Neil before me.
10. The moon landing was obviously fake.
Like the moon is still up there, it didn’t land anywhere.
11. Why couldn’t the astronauts land on the moon?
Because it was a full moon.
12. Why is the moon so grumpy?
It’s just going through one of its phases.
13. Why did NASA fly to the moon?
It’s too far to walk.
14. Why wouldn’t the moon go to the sun’s funeral?
He isn’t a mourning person.
15. Those who study the moon are optimists.
They look at the bright side.
Planet Jokes & Puns
1. What do planets like to read?
2. What did Earth say to the other planets?
Wow, you guys have no life.
3. Why was Pluto single?
All the other planets only wanted to have Plutonic relationships with him.
4. What kind of music do planets like?
5. Why are there no cats on Mars?
6. Where can you read about planets exploding?
In the orbituaries.
7. If Elon Musk’s space company establishes a Mars colony, and you have a girlfriend on mars, but later break up because of long distance, she’d be your…
8. What did Mars say to Saturn?
Give me a ring sometime.
9. What’s found at the center of Jupiter?
The letter ‘i’.
10. Why do all planets want to date black holes?
Because they’re so attractive.
11. What do you call an undiscovered planet?
I don’t know… it doesn’t have a name yet.
12. What is the most relaxing planet?
13. I called Serena Williams and said, “Serena, what’s your favorite planet?”
She said, “It’s Venus.”
I said, “I’m sorry Venus. Could you put Serena on the phone?”
14. Why was Jupiter banned from competing in the planetary boxing match?
He took asteroids.
15. What did the Martian call the human who was run over by a bus?
A flat Earther.
16. Two kids were discussing the planetarium show they had just seen.
The first said the show was fantastic.
The second agreed but added, “Most of it was over my head.”
Space Jokes & Puns
1. What currency do they use in outer space?
2. How does the Solar System hold up its pants?
With an asteroid belt.
3. Einstein developed about space.
It was about time too.
4. I’ve been reading a book about anti-gravity.
I just can’t put it down.
5. As soon as space travel is possible, I’m moving from the Milky Way to the Soymilky Way galaxy.
I’m galactose intolerant.
6. Why is it better to bring dogs into space than cats?
Because you don’t have to worry about any cat-astro-fees.
7. Did you hear about the restaurant they opened on the International Space Station?
There is zero atmosphere but the food is out of this world.
8. What do you call an alien pub?
A space bar.
9. Why are dogs afraid to go to space?
Because of the vacuum.
10. I’ve never owned a telescope.
But it’s something I’m thinking of looking into.
11. What do you call a telescope that can’t stop running into stuff?
12. What do you call dough-based dessert items outside of a planet’s atmosphere?
13. I started the biggest rock band in the galaxy.
We’re called the Asteroid Belt.
14. Why did the female asteroid turn down her boyfriend’s marriage proposal?
Because she was scared of comet-ment.
Star Jokes & Puns
1. What kind of star gets sent to jail?
A shooting star.
2. I got second place in a star gazing competition once.
The winner got a telescope, but all I got was a constellation prize.
3. Orion’s Belt is a huge waist of space.
Terrible joke, only 3 stars.
4. As I was lying in bed, looking up at the many thousands of stars in the night sky, I thought to myself…
What happened to my roof?
5. Why haven’t Aliens visited our solar system?
They looked at the reviews and we only have one star.
6. What kind of fish do you only see at night?
7. What was awarded to the star who came second in the competition?
A constellation prize.
8. Why doesn’t the Dog Star laugh at jokes?
Because it’s too Sirius.
9. According to scientists, the Dog Star, is moving closer to Earth at a rate of nine miles per second.
This means someday we could be in Sirius trouble.
10. Somebody hit me over the head with a telescope today.
I was seeing stars.
11. Are telescope owners starry eyed?
Sun Jokes & Puns
1. What kind of eclipse is it when the sun moves in front of the moon?
2. Why did the sun go to school?
To get brighter.
3. I said, “Dad, can you tell me what a solar eclipse is?”
He replied, “No sun.”
4. I tried using a colander to view the solar eclipse yesterday.
I think I’ve strained my eyes.
5. Why didn’t the sun go to university?
Because it already had a million degrees.
6. I was up all night wondering where the sun had gone.
Then it dawned on me.
7. The first humans spent many hours seeing what the sun did in the sky.
Then they decided to call it a day.
8. You might think the sun Is too heavy to carry…
But actually it’s pretty light.
9. A sun walks into a black hole.
The black hole says, “Sun, I don’t think you understand the gravity of this situation”.
10. What happens to nitrogen when the sun comes up?
It becomes daydrogen.
11. The way solar panels take energy from sunlight is so absorbing.
12. Using a prism allows me to see the sun in a different light.
13. When the sun and the planets die, one person will receive the whole inheritance.
Their lawyer convinced them to pursue a sole-heir system.
14. What’s the brightest day of the week?