Riddles are great and kids love them. Not only are they fun (as long as they’re relatively easy riddles and not too hard), but they are also great for kids’ development too.
Some of the benefits of good riddles for kids are that they teach them to think critically and learn problem-solving skills, and they can also help to expand their vocabulary and improve their reading skills.
Kids riddles are also great for helping you to bond with your children as you have fun together.
With that in mind, here’s a selection of our favorite fun easy riddles for kids with answers too. The answers are at the bottom of the page.
57 Easy Kids Riddles
1. What gets wet while it’s drying?
2. What can go up a chimney down, but can’t go down a chimney up?
3. What comes down but never goes up?
4. What type of cheese is made backwards?
5. What has a neck but no head?
6. How many months of the year have 28 days?
7. How do you make the number one disappear?
8. What has one eye but can’t see?
9. What stays where it is when it goes off?
10. What needs an answer but doesn’t ask a question?
11. If you took two apples from three apples how many apples would you have?
12. Which letter of the alphabet has the most water?
13. What is as light as a feather but even the strongest man in the world can’t hold it for long?
14. What has hands but can’t clap?
15. What word is spelled wrong in all the dictionaries?
16. Forward I am heavy, but backward I am not. What am I?
17. Poor people have it. Rich people need it. If you eat it you die. What is it?
18. The more you take, the more you leave behind. What are they?
19. What gets bigger and bigger the more you take away from it?
20. What goes up and down but never moves?
21. What belongs to you but is used more by others?
22. What can be as big as an elephant but weigh nothing?
23. What occurs once in a minute, twice in a moment and never in one thousand years?
24. The one who made it didn’t want it. The one who bought it didn’t need it. The one who used it never saw it. What is it?
25. If I have it, I don’t share it. If I share it, I don’t have it. What is it?
26. What has one head, one foot and four legs?
27. The more you have of it, the less you see. What is it?
28. Joe’s father had three sons – Snap, Crackle and …?
29. If it takes one man three days to dig a hole, how long does it take two men to dig half a hole?
30. What do you throw out when you want to use it, but take in when you don’t want to use it?
31. What kind of coat can you only put on when it’s wet?
32. If you were in a race and passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in?
33. What can you catch but not throw?
34. What breaks when you say it?
35. I saw a boat full of people, yet there wasn’t a single person on the boat. How?
36. What begins with an ‘E’ and ends with an ‘E’ but only has one letter?
37. How many bricks does it take to complete a building made from bricks?
38. How many seconds are there in a year?
39. How much dirt is in a hole 5 feet wide and 4 feet deep?
40. What four days of the week start with the letter ‘T’?
41. If two’s company and three’s a crowd, what are four and five?
42. What grows up while growing down?
43. What two things can you never eat for breakfast?
44. What bird can lift the most?
45. What nuts can you hang pictures on?
46. What can run but can’t walk?
47. A man rode into town on Tuesday and stayed in a hotel. Two nights later he rode home on Tuesday. How?
48. What can you hold without touching it?
49. What can you break without touching it?
50. What word has five letters but sounds like it only has one?
51. How many animals did Moses take on the ark?
52. What do you call bears with no ears?
53. What has teeth but can’t eat?
54. How can you make seven even?
55. What is bought by the yard and worn by the foot?
56. What question must always be answered ‘Yes’?
57. What can you make that you can’t see?
Answers To Easy Riddles For Kids
1. A towel.
2. An umbrella.
5. A bottle.
6. All of them.
7. Add the letter ‘G’ and it’s Gone.
8. A needle.
9. An alarm clock.
10. A telephone.
11. Two apples – the two that you took.
12. The ‘C’.
13. His breath.
14. A clock.
19. A hole.
20. The temperature.
21. Your name.
22. Its shadow.
23. The letter ‘M’.
24. A coffin.
25. A secret.
26. A bed.
29. You can’t dig half a hole!
30. An anchor.
31. A coat of paint.
33. A cold.
35. They were all married.
36. An envelope.
37. One – the last one.
38. Twelve – January 2nd, February 2nd, March 2nd…
40. Tuesday, Thursday, today and tomorrow.
42. A goose.
43. Lunch and dinner.
44. A crane.
47. Tuesday is the name of his horse.
48. A conversation.
49. A promise.
51. None, it was Noah!
53. A comb.
54. Take away the ‘S’.
56. What does ‘Y’-‘E’-‘S’ spell?
If you enjoyed our selection of fun easy riddles for kids, why not check out our other riddles and brain teasers.