Having a good general knowledge is an important part of life, so if you’ve tried our more specialized trivia quizzes such as our history trivia and our Disney trivia and you’re looking for some more general trivia questions and answers, then give these a try.
You’ll need to be a true all-rounder with a good knowledge across a broad range of subjects to do well here, so if that’s you then give them a go and see how well you do.
23 General Knowledge Trivia Questions
1. By what name was William F. Cody better known?
2. What is the capital city of Peru?
3. What is the third sign of the Zodiac?
4. Which author wrote “Our Man in Havana”?
5. Who was the first baseball player to have his number retired?
6. What is the largest bone in the human body?
7. Who wrote the musical Oklahoma?
Rodgers and Hammerstein.
8. In which year did the Bay of Pigs invasion take place?
9. What is the largest two digit prime number?
10. Who wrote “Das Kapital”?
11. How many track events are there in a decathlon?
12. What type of animal is a “sugar glider”?
A possum belonging to the marsupial family.
13. Who was the Greek god of dreams?
14. What is the square root of 256?
15. Entomology is the branch of science that studies what?
16. Which is the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea?
17. Which U.S. president served the shortest time in office?
William Henry Harrison – he served as president for just 32 days in 1841.
18. Which pop album is the best selling of all time?
Thriller by Michael Jackson.
19. Which novel begins with the line, “It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife”?
Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen.
20. Who was the first man to reach the South Pole?
21. Which is the most populous U.S. state?
22. Who was the first American to go into space?
23. Which is the largest of the Canary Islands?
More Trivia Quiz Questions
If you enjoyed these general knowledge trivia questions why not have a go at all our other fun free trivia questions too, such as these: