It seems that once they reach a certain age, all fathers start to tell really bad Dad jokes. Maybe they do it just to wind their kids up, who knows. Although there is a theory that Dad jokes are an important part of creating a father-son bond.
Whatever the reason, we love them and so here’s a cringe-inducingly collection of the best bad Dad jokes that although they are incredibly corny they are somehow still funny.
80 Best Dad Jokes For Kids
Here are 80 of our all-time favorite funny Dad jokes. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
1. Did you hear about the kidnapping at school?
He woke up.
2. I’m like the fabric version of King Midas.
Everything I touch becomes felt.
3. My wife first agreed to a date after I gave her a bottle of tonic water.
I Schwepped her of her feet.
4. When does a joke become a Dad joke?
When the punchline becomes apparent.
When does the punchline become apparent?
After the delivery.
5. I always used to get small shocks when touching metal objects, but it recently stopped.
Needless to say, I’m ex-static.
6. Why do Norwegians build their own tables?
7. Why did the coffee go to the police?
It got mugged.
8. How many ears does Captain Kirk have?
Three: the left ear, the right ear, and the final frontier.
9. I like to tell Dad jokes, but I don’t have kids.
I’m a faux pa.
10. I knew I shouldn’t have had the sea food.
I’m feeling a little eel.
11. What’s made of brass and sounds like Tom Jones?
12. What do prisoners use to call each other?
13. I’ve just watched a T.V. documentary about beavers.
It was the best dam program I’ve ever seen.
14. What do you call an old person with really good hearing?
15. My wife keeps telling me to stop pretending to be butter.
But I’m on a roll now.
16. A father in Iraq gave his daughter a new bag.
She said, “Thanks for the Baghdad.”
17. I wouldn’t buy anything with velcro.
It’s a complete rip-off.
18. I tried drag racing the other day.
It’s murder trying to run in heels.
19. How does Darth Vader like his toast?
On the dark side.
20. A proud new Dad sits down with his own father for a celebratory drink.
His father says, “Son, now you’ve got a child of your own, I think it’s time you had this.”
And with that, he pulls out a book called, “1,001 Dad Jokes”.
The new Dad says, “Dad, I’m honored,” as tears well up in his eyes.
His father says, “Hi Honored, I’m Dad.”
21. I’m the Norse god of mischief but I don’t like to talk about it.
I guess you could say I’m low-key.
22. My wife says she’s leaving me because she thinks I’m too obsessed with astronomy.
What planet is she on!
23. What kind of tea you drink with the Queen?
24. I told my Dad he should embrace his mistakes.
He gave me a hug.
25. When’s the best time to go to the dentist?
26. What do you call a woman who sounds like an ambulance?
27. The circle is just the most ridiculous shape in the world.
There’s absolutely no point to it.
28. There’s been an explosion at a cheese factory in Paris.
There’s nothing left but de Brie.
29. Last night, I had a dream that I was a muffler.
I woke up exhausted.
30. What are bald sea captains most worried about?
31. No matter how kind you are…
German children are kinder.
32. When is a cow hairy on the inside and the outside at the same time?
When it’s stood in the doorway of the barn.
33. Where do you learn to make ice cream?
At sundae school.
34. After dinner my wife asked me if I could clear the table.
I needed a run up, but I made it.
35. Who was the roundest knight at King Arthur’s round table?
36. As I handed my Dad his 50th birthday card, he looked at me with tears in his eyes and said…
“You know, one would have been enough.”
37. If prisoners could take their own mug shots…
Would they be called cellfies?
38. Why do chicken coops only have two doors?
Because if they had four doors, they’d be chicken sedans.
39. Dogs can’t operate MRI machines…
40. Did you hear about the restaurant on the moon?
Great food, no atmosphere.
41. I got an e-mail saying, “At Google Earth, we can read maps backwards!” and I thought…
“That’s just spam.”
42. When does a joke become a Dad joke?
When it becomes fully groan.
43. This graveyard looks overcrowded.
People must be dying to get in.
44. I can’t stand stair lifts.
They drive me up the wall!
45. My son must have been relieved to have finally been born.
He looked like he was running out of womb in there.
46. What has two butts and kills people?
47. What do you call a snowman with a six pack?
An abdominal snowman.
48. My mum bought me a really cheap dictionary for my birthday.
I couldn’t find the words to thank her.
49. “Always be yourself,” my Dad always said to me.
He was a great guy.
Rubbish actor though.
50. How many apples grow on a tree?
All of them.
51. What do you call an explosive horse?
52. I just saw my wife trip and fall, while carrying a laundry basket full of ironed clothes.
I watched it all unfold.
53. One of the Russian acrobats in our human pyramid has been deported.
We don’t have Oleg to stand on.
54. A Dutchman has invented shoes that record how many miles you’ve walked.
55. I tried to have a conversation with my wife when she was applying a mud pack.
You should have seen the filthy look she gave me.
56. What do you call a horse that moves around a lot?
57. I just texted my girlfriend Ruth and told her that it’s over between us.
58. What type of magazines do cows read?
59. This morning my son said to me, “Can I have a book mark?”
I burst into tears. Ten years old and he still doesn’t know my name is Steve.
60. What do you get if you put a duck in a cement mixer?
Quacks in the pavement.
61. Two drunk guys were about to get into a fight. One draws a line in the dirt and says, “If you cross this line, I’ll hit you in the face.”
That was the punchline.
62. My wife traumatically ripped the blankets off me last night.
But I will recover.
63. Scientists got bored watching the earth turn, so after 24 hours…
They called it a day.
64. A storm blew away 25% of my roof last night.
65. I was really embarrassed when my wife caught me playing with my son’s train set by myself. In a moment of panic, I threw a bedsheet over it.
I think I managed to cover my tracks.
66. On his deathbed, my granddad said to me, “Remember these two words. They’ll open a lot of doors for you in life.”
“Push and pull.”
67. I said to my wife, “I need to call the doctor today.”
“Which doctor?” she asked.
“No, the regular kind.”
68. A guy walks into the bank, pulls out a gun, points it at the teller and says, “Give me all your money or you’re geography!”
The teller replies, “Don’t you mean history?”
The robber says, “Don’t change the subject!”
69. What do you say to your sister when she’s crying?
Are you having a crisis?
70. Breaking a leg during an audition…
Ensures that you end up in the cast.
71. I was drinking my milkshake on a cliff and I thought to myself…
Wow, this is ledge ‘n dairy.
72. My son just said to me that he doesn’t understand cloning.
I said, “That makes two of us”.
73. If pronouncing my b’s as v’s makes me sound Russian, then soviet.
74. I took my 8-year old girl to the office with me on, “Take Your Kid to Work Day.”
As we were walking around the office, she starting crying and getting very cranky, so I asked what was wrong with her.
As my coworkers gathered round, she sobbed loudly, “Daddy, where are all the clowns that you said that you worked with?”
75. Why was 2019 afraid of 2020?
Because they had a fight and 2021.
76. My wife has this weird OCD where she arranges the dinner plates by the year they were bought.
It’s an extremely rare dish order.
77. When a woman is giving birth…
She is literally kidding.
78. My friend keeps saying, “Cheer up man, it could be worse. You could be stuck underground in a hole full of water.”
I know he means well.
79. If you think Thursdays are depressing, wait two days.
It will be a sadder day.
80. When I complained about doing homework, my Dad said to me, “When Abraham Lincoln was your age, he walked 9 miles to school and did homework by candlelight.”
I said, “When Abraham Lincoln was your age, he was President.”
Funny Dad Jokes
If you want more jokes like these bad Dad jokes, check out the rest of our funny jokes pages, including these: