We love a good trivia quiz here at LaffGaff, especially if it’s in a bar of course because then alcohol is involved too! But if you want to triumph in your trivial pursuit of excellence, then you need to study so that you can answer whatever bar trivia questions they throw at you.
So with that in mind, check out this collection of free fun bar trivia questions and answers to prepare yourself for your next pub quiz. There are 100 of the best trivia questions broken down into 10 different rounds. The answers for each round are at the end of the round. How well can you do?
Round 1: Easy Trivia Questions
Here are a few fun easy bar trivia questions to ease you gently into our trivia quiz:
1. In a game of bingo, which number is represented by the phrase “two little ducks”?
2. The beaver is the national emblem of which country?
3. What word can go before “decision”, “personality” and “second”?
4. According to legend, what was the name of King Arthur’s magician advisor?
5. What mythical creature’s name is derived from the Latin for ‘one-horned’?
6. In which wing of the White House is the Oval Office located?
7. In the acronym, AKA, what does the K stand for?
8. What is a baby kangaroo called?
9. What is the first name of Pinocchio’s cricket friend in the Disney cartoon movie?
10. What term is used to describe food that has been prepared according to Jewish dietary laws?
Round 2: General Trivia Questions
These random general bar trivia questions will test your all-round general trivia knowledge.
1. What kind of person shall not be honored on a US postal stamp, according to the US postal service and the Citizen’s Stamp Advisory Committee?
2. The average human body contains how many pints of blood?
3. According to Greek mythology who was the first woman on earth?
4. How is the groundnut better known?
5. How many letters are there in the German alphabet?
6. What is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in men?
7. What does the H stand for in the medical abbreviation ADHD?
8. “Jana Gana Mana” is the national anthem of which Asian country?
9. In Greek mythology, how many graces are there?
10. What is the Latin word for “seasickness”, now commonly used to describe any feeling of sickness?
Round 3: History Trivia Questions
This round of pub quiz questions cover world history.
1. The Statue of Liberty was given to the US by which country?
2. In 1960, which country became the first in the world to have a female Prime Minister?
3. Who was US president during World War I?
4. Princess Alice of Battenberg was the mother of which member of the British royal family?
5. Which African country was formerly known as Abyssinia?
6. Manfred von Richthofen is better known as which legendary wartime figure?
7. Prior to the introduction of the Euro, the Lira was the currency of which European country?
8. Which American engineer invented his “Magic Infallible Bank Lock” in 1851?
9. The Bayeaux Tapestry depicts which battle that took place in England in 1066?
10. On which ship did Charles Darwin make his famous expedition, which led to his theory of evolution?
Round 4: Movie Quiz Questions
Round 4 of our pub trivia quiz questions and answers covers the magical world of movies.
1. In which movie did Humphrey Bogart play Charlie Allnut?
2. Which movie features the song Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead?
3. What names were given to the three tunnels in the movie The Great Escape?
4. In which 1979 film was the spaceship called Nostromo?Alien.
5. What word beginning with M describes both a New York borough and a Woody Allen film?
6. In which film did father and son actors Will and Jaden Smith first appear together?
7. Who directed the Lord of the Rings trilogy?
8. In the Star Wars movies, which moon is home to the Ewoks?
9. The 2014 movie The Theory of Everything details the life of which British scientist?
10. Which actor plays the role of Professor Charles Xavier in the X-Men film series?
Round 5: Sport Trivia Questions
These fun bar trivia questions cover the rules and history of various sports.
1. How many players are there in a baseball team?
2. In the sport of Judo, what color belt follows an orange belt?
3. Tennis star Serena Williams won which major tournament while pregnant with her first child?
4. In snooker, how many points are awarded for potting the blue ball?
5. The Isle of Man is home to the annual TT motorcycle races, but what does TT stand for?
6. How long is a netball game?
7. Which boxer did Mike Tyson beat to win his first world title in 1986?
8. Which NFL team holds the record for the most Super Bowl appearances?
9. In Major League Baseball, who holds the record for the most home runs?
10. Which South American country won the first ever soccer World Cup in 1930?
Round 6: Geography & Travel Quiz Questions
Round 6 of our bar trivia quiz focuses on world geography.
1. “HNL” is the 3-letter IATA code for which American airport?
2. Which US state is nearest to the old Soviet Union?
3. The Pyrenees mountain range separates which two European countries?
4. Which is the highest waterfall in the world?
5. Which US state’s largest city is Baltimore?
6. Which Middle Eastern river gets its name from an Old Persian term meaning “the fast one”?
7. In which European city would you find Orly airport?
8. Which US city is known as the City of Brotherly Love?
9. Over half of South America’s western coast is occupied by which country?
10. Little Cuba is the nickname of which US city?
Round 7: Music Trivia Questions
The fun bar trivia questions and answers featured in round 7 of our bar trivia quiz game cover the world of music, including pop music and classical music.
1. Which singer’s real name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta?
2. In which city is Jim Morrison buried?
3. Kingston, Zuma and Apollo are the sons of which American female pop star?
4. What title is shared by a 1983 Lionel Richie song and a 2015 Adele song?
5. The Grand Ole Opry is a weekly country music concert held in which U.S. city?
6. Which musical note has half the value of a crotchet?
7. Which record company started life as Tamla Records, founded by Berry Gordy Jr. in 1959?
8. Which composer wrote the opera La Traviata?
9. The song Crocodile Rock was the first US Billboard Hot 100 number one single for which singer?
10. Which American bluegrass-country singer holds the record for the most Grammy Award wins by a female artist?
Round 8: TV & Entertainment Trivia Questions
The world of TV and entertainment are the focus of this round of pub quiz questions.
1. Which TV character said, “Live long and prosper”?
2. What is the name of Batman’s butler?
3. What is Chandler’s last name in the sitcom Friends?
4. TV series “Breaking Bad” was set in which US city?
5. In “Game of Thrones”, what is the translation of the High Valyrian term “valar dohaeris”?
6. What was the name of Tonto’s horse in the Lone Ranger?
7. Which T.V. comedy show, created by Tina Fey, takes place behind the scenes of a fictional live sketch comedy show?
8. In The Simpsons, what is the name of the principal of Springfield Elementary School?
9. Who starred as Diane Chambers in the sitcom Cheers?
10. Special Agent Dwayne Cassius Pride is the main character in which T.V. show?
Round 9: Science & Nature Trivia Quiz
Your knowledge of the natural world and general science are put to the test with this round of our fun trivia game.
1. Hg is the chemical symbol of which element?
2. In Fahrenheit, at what temperature does water freeze?
3. Which of the planets is closest to the sun?
4. What is the chemical symbol for iron?
5. The adjective “cutaneous” relates to which part of the human body?
6. The only known monotremes in the animal kingdom are the echidna and which other creature?
7. In mathematics, what term describes the bottom number in a fraction?
8. In physics, what type of light is UV?
9. What hormone allows the cells in your body to absorb sugar from your blood?
10. Fissures, vents and plugs are all associated with which geological feature?
Round 10: Art & Literature Quiz Questions
The final round of our bar trivia questions is all about art and literature. From famous artists to classic novels, how much do you know?
1. Who was the leader of the wolves in The Jungle Book?
2. Which author wrote The Silence of the Lambs?
3. What is the land of the giants called in Gulliver’s Travels?
4. Characters Spiker and Sponge are the antagonists in which Roald Dahl children’s book?
5. In the Harry Potter books, what name is given to non-magicians?
6. Who is the queen of the fairies in Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”?
7. Which artist is famous for his works “Campbell’s Soup Cans” and “Marilyn Diptych”?
8. Which book by Thomas More, published in 1516, depicts an ideal fictional island society?
9. Which Dutch artist painted “Girl with a Pearl Earring”?
10. Which author wrote the ‘Winnie-the-Pooh’ books?
More Fun Bar Trivia Questions
So was your trivia game up to scratch? If it was, and you enjoyed our free bar trivia questions and answers, why not check out our other fun trivia questions and games, including our daily trivia questions as well as these: