Relax and celebrate Christmas this holiday season with our fun Christmas trivia questions and answers.
These entertaining questions, covering many topics but all related to Christmas, will be a great test of your knowledge of Christmas trivia. So get your family and friends together and see who can answer the most questions. Who will be the king or queen of Christmas trivia?
Christmas Trivia Questions
How well will you do on our fun Christmas trivia quiz? Find out now!
1. Which author wrote the book “A Christmas Carol?”
2. According to the Christmas song, what did my true love give to me on the seventh day of Christmas?
Seven Swans A-Swimming.
3. Which colorful and much sung-about Christmas character was invented by American ad writer Robert L. May in 1939?
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
4. What is the date of St. Stephen’s Day?
The 26th December.
5. Which country is Eggnog said to have originated from?
6. Which popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in 1857?
7. What are the names of the Three Wise Men (also known as the Three Kings)?
Caspar, Melchior and Balthazar.
8. What is the name of the Dr Seuss character who steals Christmas?
9. According to legend, London sweet shop owner Tom Smith was poking a fire when he got the inspiration to invent which traditional Christmas item?
The Christmas cracker.
10. What is the name of George Bailey’s guardian angel in the film “It’s A Wonderful Life?”
11. In which European country was the original St. Nicholas born?
12. Who composed the songs for the film “White Christmas”?
13. Three of Santa’s reindeer’s names begin with the letter “D”. Name them.
Dancer, Dasher and Donner.
14. What color are the berries of the mistletoe plant?
15. Which US singer sang “All I Want For Christmas Is You” in 1994?
16. Which English leader banned the singing of Christmas songs?
17. Which Christmas word means “turning of the sun”?
18. What did the other reindeers not let Rudolph do because of his red nose?
Join in any reindeer games.
19. What is the date of “Twelfth Night?
The evening of the 5th of January.
20. Whose eyes were made of coal?
Frosty the Snowman.
21. Jimmy Boyd sang which hit Christmas song at 12 years of age?
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus.
22. Which popular Christmas pop song starts with the line “Are you hanging up your stocking on the wall”?
“Merry Christmas Everybody” by Slade.
23. What star sign would you be if you were born on Christmas Day”?
24. In Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol”, which was the first ghost to visit Ebeneezer Scrooge?
25. According to the song, what did my true love give to me on the fourth day of Christmas?
Four calling birds.
26. Which airport was taken over on Christmas Eve by terrorists in the film “Die Hard”?
Dulles International Airport, Washington DC.
27. Which popular Christmas item gets its name from the old French word estincelle, which means “spark”?
28. Which reindeer’s name starts with the letter “B”?
29. Which 1954 movie was the first to be made in Vista Vision?
30. Which U.S. state was the first to recognize Christmas as an official holiday?
31. In what city did the movie “Miracle on 34th Street” take place?
32. In the song “The Twelve Days Of Christmas”, how many pipers piping did my true love give to me?
33. What gift did the Little Drummer Boy give to the new-born Christ?
He played a song for him on his drum.
34. In the 2000 movie “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”, who starred as the Grinch?
35. According to popular legend, which drinks company is responsible for Father Christmas dressing in a red and white suit?
36. In “A Charlie Brown Christmas”, what Christmas carol does Lucy ask Schroeder to play on his piano?
37. Which Christmas card company adopted their current brand name in 1928, deriving the name from a symbol used by goldsmiths in London?
38. True of false: The first artificial Christmas trees were made from goose feathers?
39. What holiday is celebrated in the UK and Canada the day after Christmas Day?
More Christmas Fun
We hope you enjoyed our fun Christmas trivia questions and got all the answers right. If you did, give yourself a pat on the back and congratulate yourself on your fantastic knowledge of all things related to Christmas traditions. If not, never mind. Some of the questions were quite tough and not many people know all the answers.
However well you did, be sure to take a look at our other pages of Christmas fun, such as these:
- Christmas Cracker Jokes.
- Christmas Jokes.
- Christmas One Liners.
- Christmas Riddles.
- Christmas Riddles For Kids.
- Easy Christmas Trivia Questions For Kids.
- Elf Jokes.
- Cryptic Christmas Carol Riddles.
- Cryptic Christmas Movie Riddles.
- Family Christmas Quiz.
- Funny Christmas Quotes.
- Reindeer Jokes.
- Santa Claus Jokes.
- Snowman Jokes.
More Trivia Questions & Quizzes
And be sure to check out our other trivia questions, including these: