You’ll need to be a real trivia expert to answer these, so if you think you’re up for the challenge, then give them a go. The answers are included, of course; just click “View Answer” to show them.
20 Hard Trivia Questions
These hard trivia questions will really test the depth of your knowledge. Good luck!
1. What musical term is indicates a chord where the notes are played one after another rather than all together?
2. Where in the human body would you find the medulla oblongata?
In the brain.
3. Good King Wenceslas is a popular Christmas carol. But of which state was Wenceslas king?
4. “Les Fauves” was a name given to a group of artists that included Matisse. What is its literal meaning?
The Wild Beasts.
5. What is the legislature of the Netherlands called?
The States General.
6. What is the name for a line of poetry with twelve syllables consisting regularly of six iambic feet, with a pause after the third?
7. In which sport are barani, rudolph and randolph all techniques?
8. Which gas is formed when a hydrogen bomb is detonated?
9. Aconcagua is the highest mountain in the Andes. But in which country does it lie?
10. What color does gold leaf appear if you hold it up to the light?
11. Who collaborated with Karl Marx to produce “The Communist Manifesto”?
12. Shostakovich’s Symphony No. 7 is a musical tribute to which battle of World War 2?
13. In which sea battle was Mark Antony defeated by Octavian in 31 BC?
14. Which Jacobean dramatist wrote “The Alchemist”?
15. Where would you find an oxbow lake?
On a meandering river.
16. What is the capital city of Paraguay?
17. How many legs does a lobster have?
18. The Cassegranian, Schmidt and Gregorian are all types of what scientific instrument?
19. What is the family name of the ruling dynasty of Monaco?
20. Which composer wrote the violin and orchestra composition “Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso” in 1863?
Difficult Trivia Questions
If you enjoyed these hard trivia questions, or even if you just found them too tough, why not have a go at all our other fun free trivia questions too, such as these: