Presidents’ Day, which began in the 1880s, occurs in February each year. Test your knowledge of this holiday with these fun Presidents’ Day trivia questions with answers.
Presidents’ Day Trivia Questions
1. Which president did Presidents’ Day originally honor?
2. On what day is Presidents’ Day always celebrated?
3. How is Presidents’ Day still officially known?
4. What pie is traditionally associated with the holiday?
5. In what year was the federal holiday honoring Washington first implemented for government offices in Washington?
6. In what year was the holiday expanded to included all federal offices?
7. In what year was Presidents’ Day moved to the third Monday of February?
8. What was the name of the Act of Congress that permanently moved Presidents’ Day to the third Monday of February?
9. What president made Washington’s Birthday an official holiday?
10. What city in Florida holds an annual “GeorgeFest” in February?
11. What letter is traditionally read in the Senate on the day of the holiday?
12. Which president issued a proclamation naming the holiday “President’s Day” and calling it “the first such three-day holiday set aside to honor all presidents, even myself”?
13. In what state is the George Washington Birthplace National Monument?
14. What city in Virginia, the hometown of Washington, hold what it claims is the nation’s longest-running and largest George Washington Birthday parade on Presidents’ Day?
Washington’s Birthday Trivia Questions
If you enjoyed these fun trivia questions about Presidents’ Day / Washington’s Birthday, be sure to check out our Presidents’ Day jokes, as well the rest of LaffGaff where we have lots more fun free trivia questions, such as these:
- American History Trivia Questions.
- Bar Trivia Questions.
- Christmas Trivia Questions.
- Daily Trivia Questions.
- Easter Trivia Questions.
- Fourth Of July Trivia Questions.
- General Knowledge Trivia Questions.
- Halloween Trivia Questions.
- History Trivia Questions.
- Thanksgiving Trivia Questions.
- United States Rivers Trivia Questions.
- U.S. Geography Trivia Questions.
- U.S. State Trivia Questions.