Are you having a party to celebrate Independence Day? Why not put your guests to the test with these fun Fourth of July trivia questions and answers? How well do you know your American history? Find out now!
20 Fourth Of July Trivia Questions
1. In which year was the Declaration of Independence adopted?
2. Which statesman and president was the principal author of the Declaration of Independence?
3. On what date did the Continental Congress vote to declare independence in 1776?
2nd July (two days before the actual declaration).
4. Apart from Thomas Jefferson, who was the only other signer of the Declaration of Independence to later become President of the United States?
5. Which three U.S. presidents have all died on the 4th July?
Thomas Jefferson, John Adams (both in 1826, on the 50th anniversary), and James Monroe (1831).
6. In which year did Congress first declare July 4th to be an unpaid federal holiday?
7. And in which year did it become a paid federal holiday?
8. Which department store chain has sponsored New York’s annual Fourth of July firework display since 1976?
9. Held since 1785, which parade is the oldest continuous Independence Day celebration?
The Bristol Fourth of July Parade, held in Bristol, Rhode Island.
10. Who played the role of Captain Steven Hiller in the 1996 movie, Independence Day?
11. How many colonies signed the Declaration of Independence?
12. Which signer of the Declaration of Independence became the first United States Ambassador to France?
13. Which bird did Benjamin Franklin propose should be the national bird?
14. Why was Independence Day celebrated on the 5th of July in 1779?
Because the 4th of July was a Sunday.
15. Who played the role of Ron Kovic in the 1989 movie Born on the Fourth of July?
16. Who is the only U.S. president to have been born on the 4th of July?
Calvin Coolidge (in 1872).
17. What do the 13 stripes on the flag of the United States represent?
The thirteen colonies who signed the Declaration of Independence.
18. In which city was the Declaration of Independence signed?
19. What were the Dunlap Broadsides?
The first printed copies of the Declaration of Independence.
20. Which statesman is remembered for his large, stylish signature on the Declaration of Independence?
Independence Day Trivia Quiz
If you enjoyed these fun, free fourth of July trivia questions and answers, why not check out the rest of our site for lots more free trivia questions, such as these: