The Super Bowl is an American institution, pitting the AFC champions and the NFC champions against each other. It is played on the first Sunday in February each year. Test your knowledge of this globally popular event with these fun Super Bowl trivia questions and answers.
Super Bowl Trivia Questions
1. In what year was the first Super Bowl played?
1967, at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
2. Which two teams contested the first Super Bowl?
Green Bay Packers and Kansas City Chiefs. Green Bay won 35-10.
3. Which team holds the record for the most consecutive Super Bowl appearances?
Buffalo Bills with four consecutive appearances from 1990-93, all of which they lost.
4. Which team completed the only perfect season in NFL history with their victory in Super Bowl VII?
5. Which is the only team to make multiple Super Bowl appearances without losing at least once?
Baltimore Ravens. They won Super Bowl XXXV and Super Bowl XLVII.
6. Which Charlie’s Angels star performed the National Anthem at Super Bowl XIV in January 1980?
7. Which player has appeared in more Super Bowls than any other player in history?
8. Which two pop stars jointly headlined the half time show at Super Bowl LIV in 2020?
Shakira and Jennifer Lopez.
9. Which wide receiver holds the record for the most career Super Bowl touchdowns?
Jerry Rice, with 8 touchdowns.
10. How long was the longest touchdown pass play in Super Bowl history: A. 65 yards, B. 75 yards, C. 85 yards, or D. 95 yards?
85 yards, Jake Delhomme to Muhsin Muhammad – Carolina vs. New England, Super Bowl XXXVIII.
11. Which former Dallas Cowboys quarterback holds the unwanted record of the most career fumbles in the Super Bowl?
Roger Staubach, with 5 fumbles across Super Bowls VI, X, XII and XIII.
12. Who were the first wild-card team to win the Super Bowl?
Oakland Raiders when they defeated Philadelphia 27-10 in Super Bowl XV.
13. Which player is the only member of the losing team to ever win the Super Bowl MVP award?
Dallas Cowboys linebacker Chuck Howley in Super Bowl V.
14. Who is the only player to win the Super Bowl with 3 different teams?
Matt Millen (with Oakland/LA Raiders in XV and XVIII, with San Francisco in XXIV, and with Washington in XXVI).
15. Which team set the record for the fastest score in Super Bowl history, when they scored a safety after just 7 seconds in Super Bowl XLVIII?
16. Which comedy team headlined at the first Super Bowl half time show?
The Three Stooges.
17. Which team became the first to win five Super Bowls when they triumphed in Super Bowl XXIX?
San Francisco 49ers.
18. What was the total number of points scored in the lowest scoring Super Bowl ever?
16 points. New England Patriots defeated the Los Angeles Rams 13-3 in Super Bowl LIII.
19. Which team were the first Super Bowl champions to visit the White House?
Pittsburgh Steelers after winning Super Bowl XIV in 1980.
20. Which player holds the record for most sacks in a single Super Bowl?
L. C. Greenwood for Pittsburgh Steelers against Dallas Cowboys, Super Bowl X.
More Trivia Questions
If you enjoyed our Super Bowl quiz, check out the rest of LaffGaff for lots more great trivia questions and other fun, including these: